South Australian Home Education Network

South Australian children learning at home and in the community.
Information and resources for South Australian families interested in educating their children at home.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Salt Water Meets Freshwater

Debbie dolphinicity2000@yahoo.com has organized, through Waterwatch, a FREE session at the Onkaparinga Estuary.
FRIDAY 8th of JULY 1PM (Meeting at 12pm for lunch and a run around) - Session with Matt (from Waterwatch) runs for 1.5hrs
LOCATION: Weatherald Tce Footbridge, Port Noarlunga
TOPIC: Where Fresh Meets Salt: discuss tides, salinity fluctuations and water quality of the estuary; use ID charts to identify birds and plants; consider the importance of the estuary as a fish breeding area; discuss how the health of the estuary affects the marine environment.
BRING: drinking water and a clipboard and pencil if you want to do the associated worksheets.
For more worksheets and activities to do before the visit go to the following excellent site:
http://www.onkaparinga.net/ The quickest way to the resources is to click on the link on the left under "News in Brief" which says New Catchment Connections folder released. This take you to the index page and the Estuary stuff is in Folder two - just follow the links to the PDF files. (These could be useful too for those going to Beach Biology on Monday)
Debbie has set up a database on the Yahoo site for people to register their attendance and as she needs to photocopy worksheets. Please indicate here how many worksheets you will need (ie one for each child you think will complete it). There is a charge to cover the copy costs $1 for info pack (10 pages) - about estuaries and answer key for field worksheet (1 per family) + 30c per worksheet per child.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Bloggy said…

    I really liked your page and it is related to vintage gold watch, until next time!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger cc Infopage said…

    Hello,

    I am searching around for fresh information
    for my cc Infopage, 30,000 daily updated Information Pages about all kind of subjects.

    It might interest you to know that your blog has been visited and has been read. I hope you enjoy your "Blogging".

    I wish you all the luck I can, keep the good work going!

    Kind regards,
    Jos
    Today's News From & About eBay

    Get the eBay Business Box Today

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger doer said…

    Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a Eay related web site. Please visit and hope that it's useful.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger sandyhay said…

    Hey!! Just surfing some sites and found this place. Cool!! I have a small business software uk site where i try to sell small business software uk related software. Drop by anytime.

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Ted Stander said…

    After reading Salt Water Meets Freshwater, South Australian Home Educ ion Network I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool gathering place . If I could have your permission.

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Ted Roxan said…

    After reading Salt Water Meets Freshwater, South Australian Home Educ ion Network I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool curriculum . If I could have your permission.

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger Ted Stander said…

    South Australian Home Educ ion Network it sounds like your school year is very much on track! After reading Salt Water Meets Freshwater, I feel it would make a perfect article for my site homeschool gathering place, with your permission.

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Ted Roxan said…

    After reading Salt Water Meets Freshwater, South Australian Home Educ ion Network I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool . If I could have your permission.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Jay said…

    South Australian Home Educ ion Network it sounds like your school year is very much on track! After reading Salt Water Meets Freshwater, I feel it would make a perfect article for my site homeschool gathering place, with your permission.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    Not bad South Australian Home Educ ion Network, Salt Water Meets Freshwater is an entry that I would like to add to my site, home school cirriculums, with your permission please.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Ted Stander said…

    After reading Salt Water Meets Freshwater, South Australian Home Educ ion Network I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool curriculum . If I could have your permission.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home